Experience

Experience.

I recently (6 days ago) got married, where I decided and planned out every aspect of the wedding myself. I hired a few different individual vendors to cater and do the DJ services for our wedding. I am going into business because I want to open my own business so I wanted to hire individuals to see how they work and how I could learn from the experience. The catering business was a small family owned social media startup, I knew the sisters personally and wanted to give it a shot. To me it was a terrible experience but I learned a lot from it, I initially contacted the vendor and set up all services and gave her the date, time, and exact services I needed performed. Then again the week before I set up appointment and spoke with her about the same thing again and confirmed the amount she was asking for. Last, on the night of our wedding, and about 3 hours into their 'shift' she came up to me while we were in the middle of the reception and told me 'bye' that they were done for the night. Confused, I found out that my family told them it was okay to leave that they would do the rest of the services I asked and paid for. I felt as if I couldn't confront the girl about the services not being completed but I had paid her for 6 hours and she had only performed 3 hours of service. I think this was one of the only complications of the day so I left it as a 'lesson learned.' I know for future references that I would treat this situation completed different and also learned that the payment method should have been handled different. I feel like the wedding planning business is a very exciting field and I would love to be a part of it after seeing all the different types of business ideas. 


Leslie  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Competition Prices - Walmart

Urban Living

Business Thoughts